In August 2021 the FCA gave regulatory approval for James Hay to acquire Nucleus Financial.
Together we’re one of the leading, independent, adviser platform groups in the UK:
* As at October 2022 – Fundscape Q3 Platform Report
We’re now busy combining the best of both businesses to develop a service that truly meets the needs of advisers and their customers.
Our aim is to build the UK’s best retirement-focused adviser platform so that we can empower advisers to help them meet their clients evolving long-term financial planning needs. We have a strong foundation to build on – we’ll do it by harnessing the combined talent, expertise and capabilities of both Nucleus and James Hay, in a commercial, ethical and sustainable way.
Our combined core strengths
- 40 years of retirement expertise and digital led approach to platforms
- Scale that enables us to invest in more rewarding pricing, products and service
- Client-centric and experienced management team
- Independent of any wealth manager, insurance provider or DFM
- Secure, well capitalised and consistently profitable business
- Focused entirely on the UK adviser platform market
While we build our new retirement-focused platform, it’s business as usual for our existing Nucleus and James Hay platforms. They continue to operate independently under their existing brands for the time being. You can find out more about the products and services each offer and access their platforms below.
Our award-winning platform Nucleus was founded in 2006 by advisers committed to altering the balance of power in the industry by putting the customer centre stage. Offering platform services to over 1,400 advisers, Nucleus is responsible for nearly £19bn of investments for more than 102,000 customers.
If you’re already a directly regulated, multi-disciplined firm who’s keen to grow your business, we’ll be a great match for you. Our priority is to create value for you and your clients, through the delivery of great technology and service.
The Nucleus platform works best for adviser firms who:
- have between 2 and 50 registered advisers
- are directly regulated by the FCA
- have at least £25 million wrappable AUM
- plan to use the platform as part of their core proposition.
Well known for our SIPP expertise, James Hay has been working with financial advisers and their customers for more than 40 years, challenging industry norms from the outset. Today over 57,000* investors trust James Hay to look after more than £28bn* worth of pension and investment savings. (*at 30 September 2021).
James Hay products are for retail customers who are financially secure and looking to combine their investments in one place. They’ll require one or a combination of tax wrappers to maximise tax efficiency for both saving and managing income. James Hay products are primarily designed for investors who:
- are advised
- have at least £200,000 of investable assets for use in the approach to, and during, retirement. Enabling them to access a wide range of investments with flexibility to amend their portfolio to cater for their evolving financial needs over time
- are confident investing for the medium to long term and willing to accept a level of market risk to increase potential reward.